By Attorney Earl Lawson
People who apply for unemployment in Oklahoma often do not know they have a right to be advised and represented by an unemployment lawyer during the process. In this case, what you don’t know could hurt you. Because an employer often goes into the unemployment appeal process knowing how to work the law, employees who file for unemployment can be at a disadvantage.
An employer’s knowledge of Oklahoma unemployment law does not mean they will win. The person who wins an unemployment appeal is the one who presents the best case. That is why you need an unemployment lawyer on your side.
An Oklahoma unemployment lawyer is trained to represent claimants in the process of filing their Oklahoma unemployment claim with the OESC and representing the claimant during the appeal process if needed. Here are seven reasons you need a lawyer for unemployment appeals in Oklahoma:
- An unemployment attorney knows the laws governing the rules and regulations that the employer must follow when dismissing an employee.
- A lawyer trained in unemployment law knows what constitutes misconduct on the part of the employee, which is the only reason an employer can deny unemployment benefits.
- A unemployment appeal lawyer knows what the employer must produce to prove misconduct.
- A lawyer knows how to conduct an examination of the employer to show that he may be trying to mislead the hearing office.
- In unemployment appeals, a lawyer knows when to object to the evidence of testimony that the employer may be attempting to introduce improperly.
- An experienced lawyer can help the claimant refine his testimony to better convey what his position is and cover only the required information, so as not to add any damaging information while presenting the best defense possible.
- When a claimant hires an attorney to help with his appeal it shows the Appeal Tribunal that the claimant is serious about the claim and it adds credibility to the claim.
No-Obligation Unemployment Lawyer Consultation
Besides not knowing they have a right to an attorney, the second reason so many people lose unemployment benefits for lack of professional legal counsel is they mistakenly believe they cannot afford to retain an attorney. I have a remedy for that.
I do not charge fees in unemployment claims until I secure unemployment benefits for a client. Then, I accept modest compensation as your unemployment payments come to you. Oklahoma law limits the amount an administrative appeals attorney can collect to a portion of an unemployment claim. That means you will never pay more for an attorney than you will eventually collect in unemployment. You will never have to give up half, or even one fourth of your unemployment claim to pay for a proper attorney.
Because Oklahoma law limits attorney fees to a reasonable portion of the amount you eventually collect in unemployment, your only concern can be selecting the best Oklahoma unemployment attorney. I am not the only attorney who knows how to win a viable unemployment appeal, but not all attorneys have experience in this type of administrative hearing.
I urge you to contact an unemployment lawyer who has extensive experience in unemployment appeals – someone who is not reading unemployment law for the first time. Because unemployment appeals are conducted by telephone, I can represent you no matter where you are located in Oklahoma. My costs are for researching and winning your case, not for driving around the state.
I cannot promise I will win every appeal, but when take on all of the financial risk involved in losing an appeal, it means I have confidence we have a reasonable potential to win. For a free no-obligation consultation with an unemployment attorney in Oklahoma, call me.
No-Obligation Consultation: Oklahoma Unemployment Lawyer
Better yet, take a few minutes to fill out a form providing me details of your case. Click the button below to set up your free unemployment consultation now.